Since 1996 she has been involved in various roles (board of directors, management, auditor, working group leader, establishment of the nationwide specialist group "Adventure Therapy") in the federal association "Individual- and experiential based Pedagogy e.V." and is known in the field and network.
From 2000-2014, while she was self-employed, she was responsible as a trainer for experiential educators for various training focuses in a modular curriculum at OUTWARD BOUND Deutschland e.V. (basic courses, youth welfare).
Since 2003 she has been involved in the organization and coordination team of the international congress team "erleben & lernen", is a member of the editorial board of the trade journal "experience & learn" and publishes specialist articles in this area.
From 2014-2019 she developed and built up the European network "Adventure Therapy Europe (ATE)" as a German representative within the framework of an ERASMUS+ partnership and was responsible for organizing the second European meeting for "Adventure Therapists" (GATE 2019) in Germany.
The digital "Journal Adventure Therapy" (www.journal-adventure-therapy.com) was initiated by Christiane Thiesen and implemented digitally with the ZIEL Verlag Augsburg 2020.
She has professional expertise in the field of experiential education and, for several years, also in experiential therapy.
With Alexander Rose and Per Wijnands from Valencia and the Netherlands, she founded the European-oriented Adventure Therapy Institute (ATI) in 2021. ATI offers training and further education in the field of experiential therapy.
She is currently combining her work as a supervisor and coach with her skills as a qualified social worker in the context of team and individual supervision and as a company social counselor in large industrial companies in the aviation and food industries. Industrial fields of work within the framework of company health management (BGM) are therefore very familiar to her.
In free practice, she accompanies parents and young people in family dynamics and works as a certified procedural assistant and supplementary carer (guardian) for family courts.
Training / further education:
- Educator | Technical School for Social Pedagogy Lünen
- Graduate Social Pedagogue | University of Applied Sciences for Social Pedagogy in Dortmund
- "Experiential education pedagogue be®" | OUTWARD BOUND ACADEMY Germany
- Supervisor & Coach (DGSv) | International Lake Constance University Bregenz
- Attachment and Relationship Oriented Therapy & Counseling | BBT (Prof. Dr. K.H. Brisch)
- Psychotraumatology & trauma pedagogy - trauma help center "wings of hope" & ZPTN
- Forest & health trainer - Prevention in forests | Ärztegesellschaft für Präventionsmedizin und klassische Naturheilverfahren, Kneippärztebund e.V. in cooperation with Chair for Public Health and Health Services Research, Institute for Medical Information Processing, Biometry and Epidemiology (IBE), Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU)