Training (International groups)
> Can I work out the monetary equivalent of the training at ATI?
Unfortunately, no. We currently do not offer our own Adventure Therapy programmes in which you could participate.
> I would like to have my staff in a youth welfare institution trained in Adventure Therapy. Do they all have to go through the whole training?
Please call us and we will develop a special in-house offer with you for your needs.
+49 8382 2600 902
> Can I switch between the offers in other languages during the practice modules?
In principle, yes, but in this case the entire module must be booked in the other language (e.g. English modules are 5 days long, German modules usually 3 days).
> How many days do I have to „invest“ for the entire training up to certification as an Adventure Therapist?
Please request our overview or download overview
- 21 days practical training (modules in presence)
- 56 hrs. theory (online Webinar live)
- 20 hrs. self organised learning groups/ SOL (in presence and/or online)
- 6 hrs. supervision (online)
- 3 days certification module (in presence)
- div. hrs. for essays, thesis, case vignettes, own case work
> Is the degree recognised?
As soon as certification via the relevant Federal Association for Individual and Experiential Education (registered association www.be-ep.de), is possible, this will be aimed for. The structure of the training is such, that it would basically comply with the current applicable certification standards of the association (in the area of "training and further education").
It can be assumed that in the next few years a degree recognised by the association will have passed through all the committees.
The certification process in the federation will be two-tiered:
- The training institute (ATI) can certify itself in the area of "further and continuing education" and thus automatically offers a qualification that meets the currently applicable requirements. This makes it easier for participants to obtain individual certification from the association.
- Participants must then be individually certified by the association – by providing evidence and/or proof of an already certified qualification. The title "Adventure Therapist be" is then awarded (individual examination).
> Is a minimum age required?
Yes, 23 years at the start of the practical training (modules).
We assume that you have reached the age of 25 for certification as an Adventure & Nature Therapist.
> Why are the admission requirements so high?
Relevant prior knowledge and experience are necessary among the participants in order
- to be able to compete with other additional therapeutic training and qualifications;
- to create a clear distinction from experiential education;
- to be able to teach the contents in a high-quality manner.
> What am I allowed to do with the title/ degree "Adventure and Nature Therapist"? (perspective for Germany)
The title enables you to apply "Adventure & Nature Therapy" in your professional field according to your previous professional training.
Your personal basic professional training is the basis for how you can use the qualification.
If you have basic psychological or medical training, you can work as an "Adventure and Nature Therapist" within the framework of the medical health professions and corresponding employers (psychosomatic clinics, rehabilitation clinics, psychiatric clinics, etc.) as a "specialist therapist". Depending on the employer, you may offer Adventure & Nature Therapy as a specialist or complementary therapy and be responsible for the case.
As a social service professional, you may only work as an Adventure and Nature Therapist under the supervision of a psychological/medical service. In general, you will work in a multi-professional team.
The "social & health care system" has established "Adventure & Nature therapy" for some years now and advertises jobs accordingly - with an upward trend.
This is exactly where certification becomes an important element for the new professional field and relevant employers.
Certification makes it unmistakably clear that you have acquired a relevant therapeutically oriented additional qualification over and above the obligatory requirements.
> Missing days - practical modules
You will have to catch up on the module at some point.
Only when participation in ALL modules has been confirmed you will receive a certificate of completion. Max. miss rate 10%.
> Prerequisites for participation - if I want to get the certification "Practitioner" and I am NOT a professional
If you have not completed any professional training and/or studies in the field of social and health care, we expect proof of:
- At least 80 hours (advanced and advanced training in the areas of psychology/pedagogics)
- At least 240 days (8 hours each) of practical experience within 3-5 years (professional field social and health care)